Inheritance disputes can happen in any family. With the help of a professional Texas attorney who is well versed in these issues, they can be resolved freely and quickly. This legal professional will take the time to explain to all parties the will or trust and the requirements set forth by the beneficiary in order to help resolve the situation as successfully as possible.
What are some causes of inheritance disputes?
There are three main causes of inheritance disputes.
- Failure of Intentionality: This means that someone was left out by accident. These mistakes can happen when planning wasn’t well thought out or a dispute happened at some point that prevented the beneficiary from adding the individual in the first place.
- Wrongful acts during or after their lifetime: This means that the beneficiary learned of something during their lifetime that they didn’t like. For instance, they thought they had stolen from them.
- Perceived Inequity: This means that people that are included feel they have been shortchanged. For instance, one individual borrowed money from the beneficiaries, but later is granted the same share as their other siblings without paying back the loan.
In order to resolve these issues, you most likely will need to go to court. A professional probate lawyer can help facilitate this process. Evidence will need to be gathered to provide support for any dispute related to the inheritance for changes to occur. Meditation may be able to resolve the issue too. For smaller disputes, this is recommended.
Ultimately, the best way to deal with inheritance disputes is to make sure they don’t happen. Proper estate planning ensures exactly that. If you or a loved one need help with inheritance disputes from a professional attorney in or around Arlington, call 817-261-5000 today.
Having a professional on your side when you’re evicting one of your tenants will help protect you. An Arlington lawyer can help ensure that everything that is done to evict someone follows eviction law in Texas to a tee.
What Do Eviction Services Entail?
An eviction is a lawsuit that is filed by a landlord in order to remove persons and their belongings from their property. In Texas, this begins with giving a notice to the tenant. Most often, this is due to nonpayment of rent or if someone is staying past the agreed lease term. Eviction services from a professional Arlington, Texas lawyer ensures that you are not in violation of the Fair Housing Law before these papers are set forth.
When a tenant refuses to move after receiving this notice, the landlord must file an eviction case. They must prove that the tenant has violated their lease or has not removed themselves after they have failed to renew a lease. During an eviction hearing, a professional real estate attorney will represent you, the landlord, to ensure your rights are protected at all times. As a landlord, you must follow strict guidelines and a professional will help you to follow those laws to ensure you are executing a legal eviction.
What will result from an eviction case?
An eviction case will result in three things:
- The tenant agrees to move out
- They appeal the eviction (they have five days to do so)
- They don’t even show up at court and you win
If they do not arrive, the landlord will have to request a Writ of Possession so that the constable or sheriff gives the landlord possession of the unit. This allows them to remove their belongings from the unit and to rent it out to another tenant. It gives the tenant the right to reside or go into the premises at any time.
If you or a loved one need help with eviction services from a real estate lawyer in Texas, call 817-261-5000 today.