In addition to my Bankruptcy practice, I have extensive experience in Real Estate and Probate law. As a “dirt attorney” I cover most facets of the law dealing with real estate. This experience helps me to assure the transfer of real property goes smoothly and to cure any defects in title to real property. We also assist clients in collecting for work performed on real property through mechanic’s lien laws.
Services Provided Include:
- Preparation of Deeds to change the title of property.
- Advise as to real estate transactions, including review of title commitments.
- Preparation of contracts and other necessary documents. (No RE agent needed)
- Preparation of documents for owner financing and cash sale transactions.
- Closing services for owner financing and cash sale transactions.
- Document preparation to clear the title to property.
- Litigation to clear the title to real property.
- Affidavits of Heirship and Small Estate Affidavits to transfer title.
- Probate of a will to change the title of property.
- Heirship proceedings (No Will) in Probate to change the title to property.
- Litigation of disputes in Probate as to title of real property
- Preparation of Wills and Trusts to assure the smooth transfer of property upon death.
- Foreclosure services on a deed of trust to obtain title after default on a real estate note.
- Eviction services for Landlords, including appeals to County Court at Law.
- Filing mechanics liens to collect funds owed on a construction project.
- Filing suit to foreclose on mechanics liens to collect funds owed by a contractor. Consultations on Real Estate matters cost $75.00 for up to one hour with Mr. Hixson.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Licensed by the Texas Supreme Court since 1982. Admitted to practice in US District Court since 1983.